Liquitex Basics Gesso
An opaque white gesso to create the ideal absorbency, stiffness and adhesion for paint. Available in 16 oz bottle.
Ideal for use on raw & primed canvas, hard-board, paper, wood, and porous, non-oily surfaces. Can be used with acrylic & oil paints, chalk & oil pastels, and graphite, charcoal & pencil.
- Gives a matte white, opaque finish which provides a long-lasting base
- Primes surfaces and adds a high level of tooth for good color adhesion and stability
- Stiffens your canvases and creates the right absorbency for paint application
- Establishes a good surface for acrylics, oils, charcoal, pastels or pencil drawings
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- Use undiluted or thin with up to 25% water
- Sand hard or shiny surfaces first, apply a thin coat with a wide, flat brush and leave to dry for at least 24 hours before starting to paint
- To create a smoother base, sand the surface and reapply gesso
- If using as a base for oils, apply 2-4 coats and sand between applications
- Add acrylic color to make a tinted gesso